Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why not?

To be honest, I'm fed up with those emotional blogs. Too emo, too contrived, and just too much for me. Which is why I started with this little Fashion blog thing. Well, that and a quarter life crisis. Right now I am just about to graduate from undergrad and it's scary. I've got some things under control such as grades, friends, job, extracurriculars, and all. But other than that the future is still a mystery.

Nevertheless, the main point is this: I truly found what who I am (and what I will do) along with my fashion sense when I broke up with my four year high school sweetheart and traveled around Europe. I didn't do it alone. If it wasn't for the friends and the strangers on the way, who knows where I'd be?

Who would had thought it would have been so liberating? For the first time it's about me and it won't be the last. To celebrate, here are some sets that are retro chic with a little bit of history and whatnot.

Feel free to critique.

Post-Breakup outfit.


Retro-chic by claw333

After slumping about, it's time to be out and about. Whether it is just having girl time with the girlpals or date night, this is my go to outfit. Anyways the inspiration is just mixing up colors, having fun, and thinking vintage.

next...

In the NYC


Mustard fits! by claw333

So I went to NYC in October and wore something similar (but less fantastic and funky). Just reminded me of the fall colors and generally the fact that maybe mustard isn't just a trend.

Last but not least...

Stay classy with pink


Modern Pinkie by claw333

I hate how you have to compromise anything funky when it is a formal event. In order to counteract this, my way of being me is having a simple base but going insane when it comes to accessories and whatnot.


Anyway that's that.

No comments: