Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Running out of club wear? Just reuse!

I can finally and gladly announce that I have been accepted to Americorp City Year NYC! Although I am still thinking it all through, If I go there will be a 100% chance I will be flat broke. This means all my money must go to food, rent, and taxes. This also means my nightlife will have to be limited. Alcohol being one but most unfortunately my clothes! However, while looking through my closet, I realized with just a few accessories and creativity, you can get away with anything!

Office life=> Nightlife
Office to Club
Office to Club - by claw333 on Polyvore.com

Pick a high waisted or pencil skirt and pair it with different accessories! For the office, wear a nice blouse, proper shoes, & conservative jewelry. Then, if you are on the go, just throw on some bangles, a shiny shirt, flashy shoes, and you're off for a night of clubbing.

Night to day
Day to Night pt. 1
Day to Night pt. 1 - by claw333 on Polyvore.com
Instead of the usual day to night, sometimes one parties too hard and finds oneself in a compromising position. Then early the next day, one has a doctor's appointment or work and therefore need to dress in a blink of an eye! We've all been there. So what can you do? The answer: just throw off all the jewelry, change shoes, and remove makeup (unless you like that Kate Moss look). Then, add on tights, jacket, and proper shoes.

Fancy event to a nightclub event...
Club to Posh
Club to Posh - by claw333 on Polyvore.com
One dress for two events?! It's a little too good to be true! First put on elegant accessories, a broach, and keep it classy. Then, when off to the clubs just throw it all off and replace the accessories with something shiny, flashy, and fabulous!

Overall, just remember, if you have an idea do not be afraid to just try it out, mix and match, and get creative!

Who knows? Maybe you can save yourself a buck or two!

That's that!

No comments: